Let’s Talk Policy
Transition in India
Opportunitites & Challenges at a Time of Global Boiling
August 25, Friday
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM(Via Zoom)
SOLAR, MISSION LIFE…WHAT ELSE IS IN INDIA’S ARSENAL?
The July of 2023 has been reported as the hottest month on record. Heightened temperatures sparked weather anomalies that quickly exacerbated health issues and spread widespread devastation. In India, climate-linked disasters ravaged wide swathes of the Northern and Western regions.
In this context, India’s ambitious global goals of becoming the back-office and manufacturer of the world have been the subject of much debate, applause, and even criticism. As such, how do these global events shape India’s strategy to eliminate emissions? Is New Delhi’s slew of policy measures enough? Join our experts for hearing both sides of the coin.
WHAT THE SESSION WILL COVER
- Where do India’s efforts to achieve net-zero emissions stand?
- What is the future of India’s efforts to push for climate accountability from developed nations?
- Is there a solution to the standoff over the Paris Agreement climate goals?
- Are India’s efforts to ramp up power generation from renewable sources being adopted in the right manner?
- What are the policy-level deadlocks to achieving a global consensus on climate funding?
- What are the emerging opportunities India can tap into for furthering ground-level adoption of climate-conscious strategies?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Graduates and those in the final year of their program
- UPSC Aspirants
- Members of think tanks, consultancies involved in sustainable development
- Members of research organizations
- Students of global trade and foreign policy