WEBINAR Tech Policy has emerged as a key area of interest globally. Which career paths have emerged to address this emerging need? Mar 23, 2021 7 PM – 8:30 PM IST
Tech Policy has emerged as a key area of interest globally. Which career paths have emerged to address this emerging need?
Mar 23, 2021
7 PM – 8:30 PM IST
About the event
Since the turn of the millennium, a host of technologies and innovations have sprung up, leaving Governments and policymakers gasping in their wake. Even as policymakers deliberate on one aspect, visionary tech entrepreneurs introduce new products and offerings, complicating things for policymakers further.
What makes this even more relevant for us, is that each of these innovations and technologies – and the policies related to them – touch our lives daily.
Kautilya organized a panel discussion which brought together some of India’s most-respected personalities in the field of tech, to deliberate on a range of hot-button topics:
- What’s unique about India’s 4th technology revolution?
- Are we, as a society, cognizant of how public interest gets impacted by certain technologies?
- How do traditional policy issues fare under a technology-infiltrated business environment?
- Is there a balance to be struck between businesses being allowed to innovate, and Government having regulatory control at the expense of business innovation, creativity and ultimately growth?
- Has technology been an enabler of inclusion and regeneration? If not, what’s missing?
- Which careers can young people shape for themselves in the field of tech policy?
About the panellists
Former Head of News,
Politics and Govt. Twitter India
CEO, Quintillion Media
Co-Founder, The Quint
- Those passionate about emerging tech and related policy implications
- Young Indians, passionate about bringing about positive change and building India
- Those aspiring to build a career in public life, public policy and administration, social sector, media, journalism and communications, politics, and other related fields
- Academicians, researchers and journalists working in or following the fields mentioned above