Let’s Talk Policy
From Nuclear Deal
to Critical Tech
The New Chapter in India-US Ties
July 27, Thursday
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM IST
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM EST
DECODING THE US-INDIA PARADIGM
Fortified ties between New Delhi and Washington were the centerpiece of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s three-day visit to the US last month. Both governments resolved long-standing trade disputes and forged new agreements in defense cooperation, technology sharing, and mineral sharing.
What remained off the table during PM Modi’s high-profile addresses was a defined stance on the Russia-Ukraine war and the acrimony with China. India’s bid to become the “factory of the world” did get some space in the dialogues in the context of semiconductor processing and packaging, but the tag remains a far cry. Decode the implications of these developments with our expert panel.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- What does the resolution of key trade disputes mean for India’s exports?
- To what extent do the technology-sharing agreements aid India’s vision as a global manufacturer?
- What’s the road ahead for joint nuclear projects that have been stalled for over a decade?
- PM Modi’s visit did not include any official talks on the stalled FTA negotiations. What are the policy roadmaps that can help break the deadlock?
- What is the mineral sharing partnership and what action is required on India’s part?
- To what extent can the ICET partnership aid India’s technical capabilities?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Graduates and students in the final year of their program
- Members of think tanks involved in global trade, research, and foreign policy
- Civil services aspirants
- Members of domestic and global trade organizations and industry associations
- Students of international relations