Let’s Talk Policy
– Safety and
June 21, 2023(via Zoom)
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm IST
CLEARING THE ROUTE FOR INDIA’S RAILWAY JOURNEY
India’s rail infrastructure is one of its primary economic and social lifelines. As of August 2022, the Indian Railways is operating 11,000 trains every day, of which, 7,000 are passenger trains. Each day, the Railways serve 13 million passengers across India on a route length of 68,000 km.
While India has introduced many projects since the 1970s to upgrade Infrastructure and expand the network, bottlenecks in procurement, project development challenges, and various other issues have hobbled these initiatives. Join our expert panel for a profound debate on finding the balance between modernizing the railway infrastructure and bolstering safety and operational protocols.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- What are the kinds of challenges India is facing in upgrading its rail infrastructure?
- What initiatives are currently in place to build capacity?
- What are the policy solutions that can help break the gridlock?
- What impact has the government’s Mission Raftar had so far?
- In India’s push for upgraded freight corridors, how can policy help shape the road ahead?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Transportation and design engineers
- Members of transport organizations
- Urban and rural town planners
- Emergency services personnel
- Disaster management organizations
- Members of think tanks, consultancies pertaining to urban and rural mobility
- Aspirants of public policy studies