The coursework will be mandatory for candidates pursuing a Ph.D. @ Kautilya.
The coursework comprises the following:
- Course 1: Research Methodology I (Quantitative)
- Course 2: Critical Thinking and Academic Writing
- Course 3: Advanced topics in the area of research I
- Course 4: Advanced topics in the area of research II
- Course 5: Research Methodology II (Quantitative)
- Course 6: Research and Publication Ethics
- Course 7: Comprehensive Viva-Voce
Each above course contact hours will depend on its credit.
- Candidates have to qualify for the prescribed courses within 12 months from the date of registration.
- Candidates will have to secure at least a Pass “P” grade in each of the courses to be declared to have completed the coursework.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with only two more opportunities to pass the examination (but the time will be a maximum of 18 months from the date of registration).
- Registration of the candidates who could not complete the course work even after reappearance will stand canceled and they will have to re-register for the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates will have to put in a minimum of 80% attendance per course to be eligible to appear in the examinations.