Let’s Talk Policy
and Imran Khan
May 26, 2023 (Via Zoom)
07:00 pm – 8:00 pm IST
Editor, Author and
King’s College, London
Visiting Faculty, Kautilya
School of Public Policy
NAVIGATING THROUGH THE TURMOIL OF PAKISTAN’S POLITICS
The Pakistan government’s intended action against former Prime Minister Imran Khan and the alleged backlash from his supporters has ravaged the country over the past few weeks. His detention in Islamabad set off a wave of protests that resulted in several deaths and widespread destruction of property. However, things escalated further when he was ordered to be released the next day. Supporters of the ruling coalition decried the judgment of the Chief Justice and took to the streets demanding his ouster.
These events are the latest in Pakistan’s turbulent political history. Join our expert panel, moderated by Smita Sharma, as it decodes the role of each stakeholder in Pakistan’s realpolitik and their ambitions.
WHAT WILL THE SESSION ADDRESS
- What could be the Pakistan government’s next course of action?
- What are the options for the Pakistan Army, which is smarting over the attack on its installations during the protests?
- What is the impact of this situation on the country’s economy?
- What role can multilateral institutions play in brokering peace?
- What is the impact on Pakistan’s global standing and relations?
- Can Pakistan’s latest imbroglio clean the slate for a stable regime?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- UPSC aspirants
- Think tanks, NGOs focused on foreign policy
- Members of foreign trade organizations
- Students of foreign policy/international relations
- Citizens passionate about global foreign policy