March 9th, 2022 | 7PM – 8PM
Amb. Syed Akbaruddin
Fmr. Permanent Rep. of India to
the UN; Dean, Kautilya
Amb. D. B. Venkatesh Varma
(IFS:1988), recently retired Indian
Ambassador to Russia; Lectures
occasionally at Kautilya
Project Director at
Ekatrit – Educate Girls;
Listen to India's former UN representative and India's former Ambassador to the Russian Federation discuss:
- Background and history of the current crisis in Ukraine.
- What accounts for the Russian Intervention?
- Is the Russian action a breach of International Law?
- Regional implications in Europe.
- Role of NATO in the current situation.
- Global Implications – Political and Economic.
- What should India’s stand at the UN Security Council be?
- Importance of the role of the UN.
- Are we witnessing a return to the Cold War?
- Concerns of the former Soviet states.
- What next?
Who should attend?
- Those keen in public life, public policy & administration, International relations governance, media, journalism & communications, politics, and other related fields.
- Those wanting to pursue careers in International organisations.
- Those seeking clarity on what information to absorb & how to process it with respect to the current situation in Ukraine.
- Academicians, researchers, journalists and professionals working in, or following the fields mentioned above.
- Young Indians who are keen to understand how geo-politics plays out and desire to bring about change.